Saturday 19 November 2011

New Bibles in two languages


These Bibles are for use by the students of St Michael's Secondary School, and have been given by one of the supporting churches of the Diocese of Ruaha, St Michael's, Chester Square. They are in the 'Good News' translation, and its equivalent in Kiswahili. What a step forward; to be able to learn not just the Bible but the language as well!

We have had a few challenges recently: Last week the fire, and this week a hail storm. I've never seen one like it in my life! The rain started with big drops and suddenly the roof was echoing with multi-gun-shots, or that's what it sounded like.

It went on for around an hour; long enough for me to get myself soaked as I carried the lunch from our outside kitchen to the house. Juggling an umbrella, a kettle of boiling water and trying to avoid the torrents off the roof while I opened the back door was an Experience never to be forgotten!

There was not much warning - just a black cloud coming towards us, and then suddenly the rain. Afterwards it stopped and tried to pretend it had never happened, except that the ground was covered with white-pebble hail stones. As we don't have a fridge, I gathered some of the icy stones to cool the milk :^)

No comments: