Saturday 28 January 2012

pawpaw and cabbage



Here are two other items we have available almost all the year round. Peaches are seasonal, and we are making the most of them at the moment, but pawpaw (same as papaya) is an amazing fruit, used for many purposes such as eating :o) tenderising meat, helping to clean an infected spot or wound; In my earlier days as a laboratory technician we used the enzyme papain, an extract, as part of a test for the Rhesus blood group. My faith in God increases when I think how the different parts of creation are interlinked.

Last week I was gearing up to having most of the morning to prepare lessons, when the form IV 'O' level Bible Knowledge (BK) students came knocking on the door "We want a lesson, can you give us one" they said (all in Kiswahili). I couldn't refuse a request like that, especially as the period was free. Normally at that time I would have form III BK, but they have not yet started, due to the delay in their national exam results coming out, from when they were studying in form II last December. Pray that they return soon, and that there are a good number. Meanwhile I am very thankful for the extra time, because the form IV's are a little behind in the syllabus, so we'll use it to catch up a little.

No comments: