Saturday 27 September 2008

Graduation

Yesterday the fourth year students of St Michael's Secondary school graduated. They are the first intake who started in 2005 and I was there when that happened, so it was a special day for me and for them, and for Bishop Donald who came from Iringa as the Guest of Honour. This has been his dream for a long time.

Actually the students haven't done their final exams yet, but in all schools here they graduate first because after exams are completed they are free from School rules, so more difficult to control! Reminds me of Redcliffe where my MA is just about to be put to the exam board, but I graduated last year with my year group before we all went to the four corners of the globe... (try to picture a 4-cornered globe). I think we must be more difficult to contol now too.

I have some sad news as well: On Thursday Hope's father died. He'd been unwell for some time, and she had spoken to him the day before, but she and her sister Anna (Mama Kiri) are still travelling now (Sat) and will hopefully arrive tomorrow. The school staff met and asked me to accompany Hope to Iringa as they didn't want her to have to travel alone (She's secretary to the headmaster). Then I asked Bishop Donald for a lift back for the graduation ceremony.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Anne I follow your blog with great interest and have put links to it on our own Christchurch Swindon website. Glad to hear you are back on-line.

Stephen Grosvenor
Christchurch Swindon