Wednesday 3 September 2008

struggling

Hey it's good to be back online again after a break - not because I wanted it but because I literally had a break-in around three weeks ago. The signs are (according to detective agent Lapage) that an adult taught a child how to get through a very small hole in the door where a pane of glass was broken. The hole was big enough to pass a laptop and a lot of what goes with it; speakers, headphones, DVD's. Very sad, as it's difficult now to do emails and blogs, but what makes me even sadder is that (if my theory is correct) the child now knows what to do and came in last Friday and again on Saturday, taking pens, notebooks, my store of cashewnuts and bombay mix! Aaaagh... how will I survive? But I'm more upset that the child is learning a way of life which might grow into something bigger later on.

On Saturday I left the house at 11am and cycled the half hour into town, left my bags with my friends' driver and cycled back to find the third break-in before 12.30. Unfortunately I fell off my bike while in town (silly me) and the bruise began to swell on the way back, making a mighty big bump. My friends were expecting me to come and stay, so I tied it up with a rope to stop the swelling and arrived in a heap and all tied up. They intied me and set me free, administered ibuprofen, icepack and bandages, lots of rest and good food; since then I have been feeling much better. I am staying on a local dairyfarm with Elizabeth Phillips who's husband died three weeks ago, peacefully in his sleep. I think she is glad of a companion now. It's half term break at the secondary school, and the bible school has a month out, so I am resting and recouperating. Wow, do I need it! I've moved my stuff there until we can sort out something more permanent.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Ann,

it is very sad child stole your belongings. i hope you will do well in trying to prevent that.

God bless
Vaiva

Susie Perkin said...

Hi Anne Sorry to hear about break-ins and fall- you are very much in our thoughts and prayers. Great to read your blog.
With love and blessings Susie and Jonathan Perkin (Churchdown)