Friday 18 May 2012

Form IV

The syllabus is finished!

We've read up to Acts 21 and left Paul in Jerusalem facing a crowd. On Monday the students brought in flowers and gave me some. They wanted me to put one in my hair and then asked for a picture - I phoned Kevin and asked him to come and take one. Here is the result! We have been doing four double periods a week, and it has paid off now. There is still a long way to go before I am confident that they will be able to answer the 'O' level questions in English, but that will be in the form of revision after the mock exams in June. Irene, sitting second from the right carried my books back to the office after a lesson and told me she wants to be a Bible Knowledge teacher! That makes it so worthwhile.

The form three students are also doing well, and we may even finish the Old Testament part of the syllabus before June when we have a break.

Kevin has been getting his drainage sorted out! Outside the computer laboratory the heavy rain sometimes used to flood the veranda, so a step has been put on the end and a beautiful looking wide 'v' shaped drain constructed by a friendly workman. Inside the lab, there have been a few technical difficulties, but identifying these and sorting them out is all part of the job.

No comments: