Sunday 6 May 2012

Friends

This weekend we spent time in a cottage on the nearby farm owned by our friends, where we go each week to play volleyball. We had some visitors (pictured) who became even more friendly when we offered them some milk.

Since the last post we've been back to our favourite camping spot to spend a weekend for the usual reason; dentist! I developed a crack in a filling, which was sensitive to hot drinks (it was painful drinking tea!) so we decided to do the nine hour drive and weekend at the seaside to get it fixed. It was the best ever, and a bank holiday made it even better.

Last Monday we drove all the way back from Bagamoyo to Kilolo in one day, and my middle didn't like it. I felt as if I had an inflated balloon inside, though fortunately it went down after a couple of days. The strange thing is that I am feeling a lot better on the whole, and even joining in games of touch rugby and volleyball occasionally. Kevin does his exercises daily, and is looking and feeling fit on that. The flexibility in his fingers which was bad when we left Wales seems to have improved. Is that the weather, or diet or what? Interesting question.

Thanks for your prayers for the Bible Knowledge students. On a Bank holiday they have an option of not attending lessons and the teachers have the option of not teaching. On 26th April it was 'Union Day', celebrating the joining of mainland Tanganyika with the island Zanzibar to form the Republic of Tanzania in 1962. On that day (2012!) I asked my form IV students to come as usual at 8am for a lesson, and got a full house. Also, all the form III's came except one for the second lesson. I was very encouraged, and not only that, but in the last week I have noticed that they are developing their discussion skills to the point where I feel confident they might even be able to argue a point in an essay in an exam. Pray that their English language skills are up to this demanding task!

No comments: