Saturday 13 October 2012

Goodbye Kilolo

It's done, we've said our goodbyes and been back to make sure everything is OK. We're having a few days in Iringa now before the Big Start on Tuesday. I found I'd left a set of keys in one of the outside doors (!), and left a few bits and pieces that were meant to be taken, but even so, it's one more miracle that we are on schedule with packing up and getting things sorted. The mess has either been thrown away or burnt, and I feel happy that all the valuable things I've been using over the years in Tanzania have either gone to new homes, or are ready and waiting for the next occupant/s of our house. Last Sunday we had an African Barbeque with Iringa Christian Fellowship at Kibebe Farm where I have spent many happy times.

Last Wednesday Kevin handed over the computer project, and on Thursday we did the major pack in the house, so almost everything is now in one room. I taught my last Bible Knowledge lesson on Thursday as well. That was hard, and we were all crying by the end. Then we said Goodbye to the whole school as they gathered at the end of the day. The Headmaster had written a ditty for us which I found amazing, as I didn't know he was a poet, nor that he could pick up so well on where we are, and express it in words like that.

Our party in Iringa with the Admin staff of the Diocese of Ruaha on Friday was also quite moving, and full of compliments. Kevin was given a new name mkwe mlima or 'dependable son in law', and we were both given certificates for our lives and work here, beautiful cloths, plus a very large farewell card. We pray that God continues to bless all the people we love here. It's hard to part, but the time is ripe.

No comments: