Saturday 16 April 2011

Rat traps


Yes, it was in our house! My books have been chewed up, and we were being kept awake at night. Our fruit had holes in it in the morning, so the rat had to go! but there were two, so it took a whole week of setting two traps each night. The first one was caught on Monday, but the second, not until Thursday. We feel much freer now. One night I woke up and felt the rat on my arm. Eeeek

After my petrol incident I managed to get back all right, and we had a camp fire the next weekend together with Kevin's fellow language students. Last night as well we camped there just to have a weekend off, and I decided to sleep out under the stars. It was a tremendous experience watching the moon go overhead in the sky and the tree shapes above my head, listening to the river sounds as well.

3 comments:

Jodi Holzman said...

That picture gives me the creeps! ;) I can't believe you woke up to one on your arm!

Rach Simmons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach Simmons said...

This is wrong on sooo many levels!
I really hope this is only a temporary problem!
Hope you're both ok xx